Monday, October 19, 2009

Eyes!

All puppies now have open eyes, although some are still just slits. I have a blurry picture of Red, whose eyes are fully open, that I may be able to Photoshop into intelligibility tonight, but it's hard to photograph them without good lighting or a flash, and I'm trying to protect them from bright lights for a little while. Even though they are open, they aren't "hooked up" yet so the pups can't really see, though they do move their eyes and ears while dreaming and point them at things while they sniff them. New pics coming as soon as I can get them!

Pups are all walking and starting to stand up on the edge of the safety rail to reach towards Trinity. They're working very, very hard at trying to develop their locomotion and it makes some of them fussy. Blue is pissed at the indignity of being a puppy and frequently stands, wobbling, and growls angrily at nothing in particular while he furiously struggles to transition from the papers to the blanket without tripping.

As an aside: THEY ARE ENORMOUS! Good Lord, woman, make less milk or well have a litter of Great Danes on our hands!

1 comment:

  1. LOL Well we knew she had a lot of milk, seeing as it was dripping all over everything. If she had had 7 puppies then they wouldn't be as big. :-)

    ReplyDelete